Requirements for Manuscripts
Requirements for Manuscripts
Ehrlich’s Journal admits for publication the papers related to the creative heritage of Eugen Ehrlich and its influence on legal cognition, understanding of law and enforcement of law; sociological and anthroposociocultural approach to legal cognition, understanding of law and enforcement of law; new hypotheses and concepts of the nature of law, which declared themselves at the end of the 20th century – in the 21st century; human dignity and human rights; judicial and alternative methods of resolving legal disputes; the history and modern activity of the law faculty of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University, where Eugene Ehrlich worked for almost two decades during the peak of his career.
Ehrlich’s Journal admits for publication Articles, Essays, Book Reviews and modern translations of Eugen Ehrlich's papers in English and Ukrainian.
The articles outline the author's arguments in the course of extensive analysis of the scientific problem, while Essays have a narrower scope, but the subject matter is of general scholarly interest. The main goal of the Essays is to start a new scientific conversation. Ehrlich’s Journal also admits reviews of books that have been published within the past two years. In this case reviewed Book has to be sent to the Editorial Board either.
The paper must be created individually by the person(s) indicated as the author (authors). The paper should not have been published, and should not be reviewed for publication elsewhere.
The manuscript must be written in a scientific style of presentation of the material (accuracy, conciseness, logic, clarity) and have a high scientific level.
The article sent to the Journal should include the following elements:
- 1. scientific issue statement and its connection with important scientific or practical tasks;
- 2. assessment of the degree of scientific development of the problem with the indication of the unresolved aspects of the general problem to which this article is devoted;
- 3. the purpose of the research;
- specific objectives of the research;
- the justification of the research methodology (in the case if it contains novelty and may interest the reader, taking into account the subject of the article);
- presentation of the main research material with full scientific substantiation of the received scientific results;
- 7. conclusions which summarize briefly, what exactly is the achievement of the goal and the solution of specific research tasks.
These elements are not required to be highlighted in the text. However, it is expedient (if necessary) to highlight in italics the key terminology and the main provisions of the article.
Each manuscript is sent by the Editorial Board of the Journal for a double-blind review to leading scientists of Europe and the world on relevant topic.
To ensure the anonymity of the review, do not provide your name or any identifying information in the manuscript. This information should be noted in a separate document "Information about Author", which should indicate:
- The first name, initial(s) and surname of each author, academic degree, position, name of scientific institution (including department),country (in Ukrainian and English).
- E-mail address, ORCID and ResearchID identifier (if any).
- The Google's Scholar index with reference to the author's profile in Google Scholar.
- Photo of the author in jpeg format (volume not less than 100 kb, 300 dpi).
- Postal address and telephone number.
Papers, returned to authors for revision, should be reinstated to the editorial board within the recommended time.
The Editorial Board reserves the right to edit the papers, and to display them on the web page of the Journal after the publication.
The Editorial Board of the Ehrlich’s Journal commits to the internationally accepted principles of publication ethics expressed in the recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) on ways to respond to possible acts of unethical behaviour of the authors.
Plagiarism and self-plagiarism are not allowed.
Manuscripts are accepted in electronic form in Ukrainian and English. To submit the materials authors need to register on our website ehrlichsjournal.chnu.edu.uа. I you have any question as to the foregoing, please contact us to the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript should include in Ukrainian and English:
- The title should include reflect the content of the paper; contain keywords, but no more than 15 full–wording words.
- Abstract of no less than 1800 symbols (summarizes the paper and research results and allows the reader to understand, whether it’s full text is interesting). The abstract should contain all the structural elements contained in the manuscript of the article, without exception.
- The set of keywords should correspond to the main content of the article, reflect the results of the research and provide the thematic search. Keywords must be submitted in the nominal case through a semicolon.
The information specified in paragraphs 2–5 shall be indicated in Ukrainian and English.
The manuscript’s size: article – 4000–7000 words, essay – 2500–4000 words, review – 1500–2500.
All abbreviations, except for common, may be introduced when first occurred in the text. It is necessary to indicate precisely the source of citations quoted in the manuscript, numerical and factual data. Bibliographic references in the text are made using square brackets with two numbers. The first is the number of the sources in the list of literature (references), the second is the number of the page of the quoted source (for example [2, 148], or [4, art. 26] – if reference to the article of the legal material).
- If the paper is in Ukrainian, the references should be given in the end of the paper in two formats:
1) USED MATERIALS (in Cyrillic), presented according to the national standards 8302:2015 and 7.1:2006 2) References (in Latin), presented according to the international standard АРА. If necessary, the “Recommendations for References” will be sent to the authors. If the paper is in English, only References are required.
Fee for publishing is not paid.
The author is responsible for the content and authenticity of the manuscript.